Have you ever had to marinate something, like tofu or tempeh?
A lot of times after something is marinated, it comes out of the marinade onto a baking sheet and baked in the oven.
The rest of the marinade just gets tossed!!!!
If your anything like me you hate wasting that marinade! It can be used for so many other things.
Just like this Kale and Potato Bowl!
- any kind of leftover marinade you have
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4-6 cups of kale
- black beans
- baked potatoes
- In a large pot, add about 1/4 cup of your marinade. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and the rest of the marinade and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have absorbed most of the liquid.
- Add the kale, cover the pot, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.*
- Pour this into a bowl with some black beans and a chopped baked potato.
* You will have some liquid leftover. I added this to my bowl so it was like a really thick stew, but if you don’t want the liquid just use a slotted spoon to leave the liquid in the pot.