This smoothie is great for breakfast! It’s got your greens, fruits, oatmeal, and yogurt!
- 1 banana
- 7 strawberries
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 6 oz plain yogurt
- handful of spinach
- 1-1.5 cups water
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
I recommend using frozen fruits for this recipe to make it colder and creamer, though fresh fruit works just as well. Add as much water (or non-dairy milk) as you would like for a thicker or thinner smoothie. The amount of liquid may also depend on if you use frozen or fresh fruit.
I’d heard of hummingbird cake and cupcakes before and they sounded really good! I love the combination of bananas and pineapple! Unfortunately, the typical recipe calls for a ton of sugar! I adapted the recipe for my banana bread muffins to create my healthier vegan, gluten free, and SOS free Hummingbird Muffins!
- 1 cup rolled oats (GF if desired)
- 1 cup millet
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 8oz can crushed pineapple
- 8 dates
- 4 tbsp almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a high-speed blender, combine oats and millet and blend until a flour forms.
- Pour into a large bowl, add the baking powder, and stir together.
- In the high-speed blender, add the bananas, pineapple, dates, and almond milk. Blend until everything is well combined.
- Pour into the bowl with the flour and mix until everything is combined.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour into prepared muffin pan and bake for 30 minutes.
This recipe would be really good as a cupcake too, with a cashew cream icing on top! Next time I make these muffins, I will add the icing and post the recipe for the cashew cream icing!
I was able to make 16 muffins with this recipe.
Hope you enjoy these as much as I did!