I have been very into light, mostly raw foods lately. This meal is extremely flavorful, quick to make, and uses only real whole foods!
This recipe was adapted from Choosing Raw.
- 6 Roma tomatoes
- 1 package of sun-dried tomatoes, hydrated in water and drained
- 1/4 tsp salt (can omit)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or use medjool dates)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour over zucchini pasta made with 4 medium zucchini with a veggetti.
- Top with nutritional yeast and enjoy!
You really can’t go wrong with this marinara sauce. I actually don’t even measure the ingredients and just add everything to taste. This sauce can be served over anything like pasta, rice, or beans.