This summer has absolutely flown by! I cannot believe I go back to work on Monday. To end the summer, I went on a hike yesterday and had a great summer-time dinner waiting for me when I got back. I have been wanting to make a pasta salad for a long time and never got around to it. I figured pasta salad would be great after a hike. Pasta salad is actually quite easy to make and it makes so much that you will have leftovers for the week. This is perfect for those work days.
- 1 lb tri color spiral pasta (or any kind will work. I used this.)
- 1 16oz package frozen broccoli
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped (I sliced grape tomatoes in half)
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 can black olives, sliced
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/3 cup tamari
- 1/3 cup wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp mustard
- dash of hot sauce
- Cook your pasta according to the directions on the package. Allow to cool.
- Slice all your veggies and add them to your cooled pasta.
- Add the black olives and chickpeas.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Pour the dressing into the pasta salad and mix to combine.
- Chill a couple of hours, if desired, and serve.
I bought carrots and olives that were already pre-sliced which made this meal even easier to put together.
The best thing about pasta salad is you can just cook some pasta and add any kind of veggies that are your favorite for a bowl that you find delicious!