I can’t believe I haven’t posted this recipe yet! I made these muffins back in March for St. Patrick’s Day. I wanted green food and I will not use any artificial coloring so of course I used spinach to get a nice natural green color! Don’t be scared by these green muffins, they taste very sweet!
This recipe was adapted from here:
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup canned pineapple, diced or crushed
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups GF oat flour
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a muffin tin with liners.
- Combine spinach, pineapple (with juices), banana, almond milk, vanilla extract, and lemon juice in a food processor until well combined.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the green mixture into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. If it looks dry add 2-4 tbsp more almond milk.
- Spoon into muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes.