It’s finally starting to get warm! It has been the longest, coldest winter ever! I was thrilled yesterday that it got into the 80’s and will be again today. To celebrate I made a healthy “ice cream.” With the protein, this makes a great post workout treat!
This recipe was adapted from here:
- 1 apple (divided)
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used Sunwarrior vanilla)
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- Dice apple. Place half in the blender and reserve the other half.
- Place all other ingredients in the blender and blend until desired consistency.
- Stir in the rest of the diced apples.
- Pour into a bowl and top with cinnamon.
- Eat immediately or, for a more “ice cream” consistency, place in the freezer for an hour and a half and stir every 30 minutes.
This is what it looked like before I added toppings.
My ice cream with chopped apple pieces and cinnamon!
This would also be great topped with almonds, hemp seeds, banana slices, etc.
This recipe makes 1 large serving or 2 small servings. The entire recipe yields approximately 465 calories and 24g protein.