Lately I have been loving yogurt bowls in the morning for breakfast. They are light enough not to make me me feel weighed down and since I add things to the yogurt like fruits, nuts, seeds, and crumbled muffins, they usually keep me filled until lunch. Though depending on what I add, I may need an additional snack. But that is what makes yogurt bowls so great! You can add whatever you want depending on what your in the mood for and how hungry you are at the time.
My typical yogurt bowls include bananas, peanuts or peanut butter, and a crumbled muffin. When I saw this recipe online, the idea of chocolate and strawberries sounded like a match made in heaven for a yogurt bowl. Plus it is probably good for me to change it up and I’m glad I did. This recipe tasted great! Especially since I was hungry after a good workout!
This recipe was adapted from here:
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp carob powder
- pinch of stevia (or other sweetener)
- 1 6oz container of Greek yogurt (I used So Delicious brand)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced (divided)
- In a small bowl combine chia seeds, almond milk, carob powder, and stevia. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Top with 1/2 of the sliced strawberries.
- Mix the yogurt with 1/4 cup sliced strawberries. Add yogurt mixture on top of the sliced strawberries covering the chia pudding.
- Top the bowl with the remain 1/4 cup sliced strawberries.
What I love about this yogurt bowl is there are many ways you can change it to suit your own taste buds. You can use different flavor yogurts, use different types of fruit, you can mix some of the fruit in with the yogurt (like I did) or keep it separate, and you can top the yogurt with different toppings!
This recipe is perfect for breakfast, a snack, or a healthy dessert!