I haven’t posted the rest of my Christmas Eve dinner and it has been almost a month since Christmas!
Today I am posting this Orange Ginger Broccoli. It is a recipe that is super easy and quick and gives broccoli a different taste rather than the way I typically just roast it.
This recipe was adapted from Appetite for Reduction:
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Preheat a large pot over medium heat.
- Saute the ginger in the oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 1 minute. (Add a splash of water if things are sticking to the pan.)
- Add the broccoli, mirin, and tamari. Saute for about 7 minutes, tossing frequently, until the broccoli is tender.
- Add the orange juice and saute for one minute. Serve.
If you’re trying to eat more greens, or already do but want to eat them with a different flavor, I highly recommend this recipe.
Christmas Day 2013:
- Field Roast (from Roots Market)
- Baked Beans & Greens
- Mushroom & Spinach Potato Gratin
- Orange Ginger Broccoli
- Buckeye Pie