I have been craving oats like crazy lately! Usually, I want cold oats right from the fridge, but today I strangely wanted to eat my oats baked (though I still waited for them to cool way off before eating). And of course, as usual, my oats always seem to include banana and peanut butter. I also included jelly for PB&J Baked Oatmeal.
This recipe was adapted from The Oatmeal Artist:
- 1/2 cup GF rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp peanut flour (mixed with 1.5 tbsp almond milk, a dash of sea salt, and some stevia)
- 1 tbsp strawberry jelly
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray ramekin with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together oats, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together almond milk, banana, vanilla, and peanut flour mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared ramekin. Swirl in jelly.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Once cool, gently flip oat bake onto a plate. Top with peanut butter, the other half of your banana, nuts, or any other desired toppings.
The only thing I do not like about baked oatmeal is that it takes longer to prepare. However, you can prepare the dry ingredients the night before then just mix in the wet ingredients the next morning and allow it to bake while are getting ready for the day! And if you still don’t have time to prepare this on weekday mornings, this recipe would be perfect to indulge in on weekend mornings!
Picture of this delicious breakfast coming soon 🙂
This recipe, without toppings, yields approximately 315 calories and 14.5g protein.