I love making pizza! Unfortunately, it is extremely hard to find a gluten free and vegan pizza crust unless I want to spend like $7 on a pre-made pizza. Yes, a pre-made pizza is easy, all you have to do is stick it in the oven and bake it, but then I don’t get to choose what ingredients to top my pizza with. Plus, like I said, $7! for a pizza! And it isn’t even that big, 2 people could share it as a light dinner.
Usually, I make socca pizza, but it can take some time to mix, bake, and bake again with the toppings. Fortunately, I came across a recipe that uses a tortilla as the base of the pizza crust. I’m not the biggest fan of a very thin crust, but of course that is the type of crust a tortilla is going to provide. However, I loved how quick and easy it was to make this pizza. And actually, the crispy tortilla was not bad at all – kind of like a tortilla chip with pizza flavor!
This recipe was adapted from here:
- 1 brown rice tortilla
- tomato paste
- sea salt
- nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup daiya cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray pizza pan with non-stick spray and place tortilla on the pan.
- Mix together the tomato paste and all the spices. Alternatively, you could use store-bought pizza sauce.
- Spread the sauce on top of the tortilla.
- Top with cheese and any toppings you choose.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
My pizza topped with spinach, olives, and chickpeas!
This pizza was so easy and tasty. I will definitely be making this again when I want a quick pizza!
This pizza looked so good, I couldn’t wait to eat it!