If you need a filling breakfast, this one is perfect. It is a complete balance of complex carbs, healthy fats, and protein. This recipe is very similar to my Banana Yogurt Oatmeal except instead of adding yogurt, I added coconut butter for a creamy and delicious taste. The coconut, banana, and vanilla protein powder all tasted so good together!
- 1/4 cup GF rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1.5 tsp chia seeds
- dash of sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut butter, melted
- 1 banana, half mashed and half sliced
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (I used Sunwarrior Vanilla)
- In a mason jar, combine all ingredients and stir until combined.
- Cover with a lid and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, give it another stir and enjoy cold or heat it in the microwave for about a minute and enjoy!
I enjoyed this oatmeal cold, but it would be delicious warmed up as well! I mashed half the banana and sliced the other half for texture, but if you would prefer you could just mash the whole banana into your oatmeal.
This recipe yields approximately 400 calories and 14.5g protein.