I have not made french toast in a long, long time. Since before I became vegan. When I still used dairy milk, eggs, and butter. I’ve always seen recipes to make vegan french toast, but I never tried it out until now. This recipe was simple, delicious, and much healthier than the non-vegan version. Plus, it has tons of protein!
This recipe was adapted from Peachy Palate:
- 1 tbsp peanut flour
- stevia, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 2 slices of bread (I used this GF kind and it held together well and was quite thick)
- Combine all ingredients, except bread, in a shallow bowl.
- Place a slice of bread in the mixture and coat both sides. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Spray a non-stick pan and over medium heat cook the first slice of bread until golden brown on both sides. While cooking this first slice allow the other slice of bread to sit in the mixture.
- Cook the other slice of bread over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Top with your favorite toppings!
For my toppings, I mixed a little maple syrup in with the remaining mixture that was left over, the rest of the banana, and some sliced strawberries! Next time I’m adding peanut butter for extra peanut butter taste!
This is a single serve recipe, but can easily be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled for more people or to have leftovers!