I am thrilled that it is finally summer vacation! That means I get tons more time for baking and cooking. One thing I am super excited about is being able to spend time on some delicious breakfasts! Throughout the winter and most of the school year, I was eating oatmeal because they were warm and simple to prepare ahead of time. I do love my overnight oatmeal in the summer months, but I think I have had enough oatmeal for a little bit.
Now that I have time in the morning, I am planning on going through all my recipes I have pinned or saved for pancakes. I have come across so many good ones, but since I never had a chance to make them, they have been piling up. So you may see lots of pancake recipes on here over the next few weeks.
Today’s pancake recipe is Zucchini Bread Pancakes. I was only making these for myself so I cut the original recipe in half. Of course you can always double the recipe for more people, or to save some for quick breakfast leftovers!
This recipe was adapted from here.
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 banana, diced
- 1/4 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 tbsp walnuts
- In a medium bowl, combine buckwheat flour, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Add in almond milk, maple syrup, and diced banana. Gently stir to combine.
- Gently fold in the zucchini, raisins, and walnuts.
- Spoon pancake batter by 1/4 cup onto a hot greased pan and cook over medium-high heat until golden brown on each side.
- Top pancakes with additional raisins, walnuts, and maple syrup!
If you are not a banana person, you can probably completely omit the banana, or reduce it to only using about a 1/4 of the banana. I love bananas so I actually added extra! And I love toppings so I added extra raisins and walnuts to top!
This is a perfect breakfast for when you want to sneak in an extra serving a vegetables first thing in the morning – a great way to start your day!