For my birthday last Wednesday, June 5th, I decided to try a new pie recipe. I basically made Chocolate Covered Katie’s Oreo Cookie pie. I didn’t have a chance to get to the store to buy gluten free oreos, so I just used 6 chocolate chip and double chocolate cookies I had in the pantry. It was very tasty and especially with this crust I made. The chocolate and coconut flavors went great with the cashew cookie pie!
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 15 dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a pie pan with non-stick spray.
- In a food processor, grind almonds into a powder.
- Add rolled oats and cocoa powder and blend until broken down.
- Add dates and coconut oil and continue to blend until everything is mixed together.
- Transfer crust to the prepared pie pan. Press crust down evenly and firmly along the bottom and sides to create crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool before filling with your favorite pie recipe.
You might have extra crust. I probably had enough to make a whole other pie. If you want you can half the recipe above or do what I did and save the extra “crust” as a crumbly topping for yogurt bowls! I love chocolate and coconut flavors together!
Also, this crust is very crumbly and I found it is best with a no-bake pie. Since the pie recipe I used stays in the fridge, it helped the crust stay firm when eaten.