Chocolate and avocado… Do I even need to say more? Wait, actually I do. When I came across the recipe for these cookies, I thought I was in heaven. But then I found these Chocolate Avocado Cookies were based on another cookie that included Peanut Butter! Peanut butter, chocolate chips, and avocado!!! Obviously I couldn’t decide which cookies to make first. Since I am on a holiday for Memorial Day I decided to make both! Today I will post the recipe for the Chocolate Avocado Cookies and tomorrow I will post the recipe for the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Avocado Cookies!
This recipe was adapted from here:
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 4 tbsp agave
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond milk, flax eggs, and vanilla extract, avocado, and agave and mix with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine all other ingredients except the chocolate chips and mix together.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into small cookies (about the size of a tablespoon) and place on prepared baking pan. Gently flatten each ball with a fork.
- Bake 15-18 minutes.
These cookies were amazing! They held together perfectly, but were still incredibly soft. I have always loved soft cookies over crunchy cookies!
I made 21 cookies. I am roughly estimating that each cookie yields approximately 35 calories and .5g protein.