I almost didn’t post this soup recipe today because it is absolutely gorgeous outside! High 50s/Low 60s and sunny with no wind! Wow! Haven’t seen a day like this in forever and I am absolutely loving it! Spring is definitely in the air and I can totally feel it as I relaxed on the back porch this afternoon soaking up some sun and relaxing with a good book. Knowing that we spring the clocks forward an hour tomorrow makes today even that much better. Sure we lose an hour but hello sunlight!
With all that said (if you can’t tell I’m extremely excited for this warm weather) I figured I would post this soup recipe anyway since this may be the last chance you actually want to make soup before saying goodbye until next winter when soups become popular again. Not only is this soup tasty, but it is super easy to make which makes it great to make if you don’t have much time but want something nutritious.
This recipe was adapted from here:
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 28oz cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp chili powder (omit for a non-spicy soup)
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a blender, blend chickpeas until broken down.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a large pot and heat until warm. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and/or any other seasonings you desire. Alternatively, you can pour the soup right from the blender into individual bowls and heat in the microwave for an even quicker meal.