I absolutely love putting avocados in desserts! It makes them super creamy and adds some healthy fat. I usually put avocado in chocolate pudding but this time i wanted to try putting avocado in a different dessert, brownies! These brownies were eaten so fast, everyone loved them! I have to go buy more avocados to make this tasty treat again!
This recipe was adapted from here. I made a few changes to the original recipe. Here is how I made my Avocado Brownies:
- 1/3 cup GF rolled oats
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1 mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, divided (or more!)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×9 inch square pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground flaxseed and water and set aside.
- In a food processor, process the oats into a flour. Add the beans and process until very smooth.
- Add the mashed avocado, cocoa powder, flaxseed mixture, vanilla extract, and sugar to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Melt 2 tbsp of the chocolate chips in the microwave. Add to the food processor and blend.
- Add the salt and baking powder and pulse until they are incorporated.
- Stir in the other 2 tbsp of chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and use a spatula to distribute it evenly and make sure it is smooth.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing.