I made the best oatmeal this morning. It was so creamy and tasted like cheesecake! I even almost called this Banana Cheesecake Oatmeal, but went with Banana Yogurt Oatmeal instead since it isn’t really cheesecake and thought yogurt was more true to the name of the oatmeal.
As I decided on what to add to my oats this morning I knew I wanted something creamy. I love creamy oatmeal and knew that yogurt would be the perfect ingredient. I also love adding a fruit, and usually that fruit is a very ripe mashed banana for the natural sweetness and additional creaminess the mashed banana gives to the oats. Finally, I wanted some vanilla flavoring as well and thought what better way to add vanilla and protein to my oats so I added some of my favorite protein powder, Sunwarrior Blend Raw Vanilla Protein Powder.
- 1/4 cup GF rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- dash of sea salt
- 1/4 cup yogurt (I use Amande Plain)
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Sunwarrior Blend Raw Vanilla Protein Powder)
- Optional: dash of cinnamon
- Combine oats, almond milk, and sea salt in a bowl overnight.
- The next morning, heat for 1 minute.
- Stir in yogurt, banana (I left about 1/4 unmashed and added the slices as a topping), and protein powder. Stir until combined. Top with banana slices and cinnamon, if desired.