I was craving something sweet for breakfast on Monday morning. I guess since it was the beginning of the week, I wanted something comforting. This oatmeal hit the spot. I cannot wait to make it again!
This recipe was inspired from here:
- 1/4 cup GF Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 small banana, mashed
- 1 Tbsp PB & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp crushed peanuts
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine oats, almond milk, a dash of sea salt and heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir in cocoa powder and heat for another 1 minute watching closely to avoid spillage.
- Allow it to sit in the microwave or on the counter for about 10 minutes.
- Place in the fridge overnight to soften the oats and add volume.
- In the morning, reheat for about 1 minute.
- Stir in mashed banana and chocolate peanut butter.
- Top with crushed peanuts.
Even though I used chocolate peanut butter, adding the extra cocoa powder took this breakfast beyond amazing. The peanuts added a nice crunch and helped make the peanut taste stand out. The banana added sweetness, creaminess, and increased the flavor. Chocolate peanut butter and banana = amazing!
Based on using Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Rolled Oats and Silk Original PureAlmond Milk, this recipe yields approximately 290 calories and 10g protein.