I have so many delicious recipes to share that I enjoyed for dinner on Christmas Eve.
Besides the baked cod and the mushroom bread stuffing, everything was vegan and gluten free and since the vegan and gluten free meals are the ones I made and enjoyed, those are the meals I will be sharing over the next few days. First up, the main entree on Christmas Eve, the Rosemary Citrus Maple Tofu.
This recipe was adapted from Healthy Happy Life with a few changes:
- 19 oz extra firm tofu
- 8 tbsp tamari
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp orange juice
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Press tofu to remove all moisture. If desired, freeze the night before for a different texture and allow to thaw before marinating.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a shallow bowl. Slice tofu into equal pieces (I made 20 slices.) These can be cut in rectangles or triangles. Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking oil.
- Place tofu on the pan without overlapping and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove tofu from the oven, flip, and spoon the rest of the marinade on top. Place the tofu back in the oven for another 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, broil for about 3 minutes for a chewier texture, if desired.
Christmas Eve 2012 Dishes:
- Rosemary Citrus Maple Tofu
- Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes with Sage Gravy
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Apple Crisp
Based on making 20 slices of tofu, 1 serving (or 5 slices of tofu) yields approximately 220 calories and 15g protein.