This week is the letter N for Nutmeg in Meatless Mondays from A to Z.
Since nutmeg is an ingredient I use a lot to spice anything with pumpkin, I wanted to try something new. I really wanted to bake muffins, cookies, or bars that would really highlight the flavor of nutmeg, but did not get the chance this past week; maybe sometime in the future. I still do have a recipe with nutmeg, but it definitely is not the main ingredient and since this recipe was so delicious I knew I still had to add it to my blog.
This recipe was adapted from here:
- 1/4 cup gf rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, or to taste
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- Combine oats and almond milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in chia seeds and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place in fridge uncovered overnight.
- The next morning stir in the other ingredients and eat cold or reheat.
Based on using original Silk PureAlmond milk and Trader Joe’s GF Rolled Oats, this recipe yields approximately 315 calories and 10.5g protein.