It is Monday, which normally means I include a recipe for the letter of the week for Meatless Mondays from A to Z. This week was M for Miso and I was having a hard time finding that ingredient. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong area of the grocery store? So this Monday I am skipping out on a recipe with miso, but maybe I will try something sometime in the future. However, I will post a new recipe today.
The last two days I have made these pancakes that I have been absolutely loving. The pancakes are filled with protein and topped with a peanut butter banana creme. Peanut butter and banana are one of my favorite combinations, so of course topping protein packed pancakes for a Sunday morning breakfast sounded perfect!
This recipe was adapted from here:
- 1/2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1.5 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup gf rolled oats
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used Sunwarrior Blend Raw Vanilla)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground flaxseed and water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small food processor, pulse rolled oats a few times to break them down so they take on the consistency of instant oats.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, protein powder, almond milk, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Stir in flaxseed mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Spoon pancake batter by 1/4 cup onto a hot, greased griddle over medium high heat. Cook until golden brown on each side.
- After the pancakes are cooked, it is time to make the peanut butter banana creme topping. With a fork, mash the banana in a small bowl. Stir in peanut butter and almond milk until mixture is smooth.
- Spread a layer of the creme in between each pancake. If desired, you can top with slices of the other half of your banana.