I haven’t posted a sweet treat recipe in awhile so thought these Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins would be perfect!
These muffins make a great breakfast, snack, or a guilt-free treat at the end of a long day. You can also try crumbling them on top of a yogurt bowl , on top of warm oatmeal, or simply add some fresh strawberry jam on top of a muffin for another variation!
This recipe was adapted from here:
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup gf rolled oats
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or sub applesauce, but it will be gummier)
- 1 cup fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the oats.
- Gently fold in the flax egg, milk, and oil until just combined.
- Gently stir in rhubarb and strawberries.
- Pour into prepared muffin tin and and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
Based on making 16 muffins and using original Silk PureAlmond Milk, 1 muffin is approximately:
With vegetable oil: 103 calories and 2.5g protein
With applesauce: 88.5 calories and 2.5g protein