This sauce is very fresh tasting and tastes great over regular cooked pasta or veggie noodles (spiralized veggies). I used a julienne peeler to make my veggie noodles out of squash, zucchini and carrots.
The recipe for the sauce was adapted from here:
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked for at least 30 minutes and drained)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- 1/2 tablespoon wine vinegar
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine the tomatoes, cashews, garlic, date, and wine vinegar in a blender and process until smooth.
- Taste the sauce once it is smooth and add pepper and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve over hot pasta or cold veggie noodles.