Since I do not currently have a kitchen due to remodeling, I needed a simple no-bake granola with minimal clean-up. I came across this recipe online and I absolutely love it! It’s not really a crunchy granola but makes a great alternative to cereal.
This recipe was adapted from here:
- 1/4 cup dates (soaked in water)
- 1/4 cup almonds (soaked for 8 hours)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (soaked for 8 hours)
- 1/4 cup pecans (soaked for 8 hours)
- 1/4 apple, chopped (about 2 slices)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- In a food processor, place dates and a little of the soak water and blend until smooth.
- Add the apple, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt and pulse until coarsely chopped. Pour into a medium bowl.
- Drain the nuts and place them in the food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped and pour into the same bowl as the date paste mixture.
- Stir in pumpkin seeds, raisins, and cranberries until everything is well combined. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
A 1/4 cup serving yields approximately 144 calories and 3.5g protein.