I have seen several versions of socca bread online. This is one of my favorite versions. I love the seasonings in the crust and how the edges get crispy but the middle is softer, which is how I like my pizza. Even though the middle is softer, the crust still holds together completely! Even with all the toppings!
Pizza with broccoli and olives!
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- dash of paprika
- dash of garlic powder
- dash of parsley
- dash of oregano
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour into a nonstick 8″ round springform pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Using a spatula, carefully transfer crust to pizza stone or cookie sheet.
- Add sauce, cheese, and any additional toppings.
- Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- I absolutely loved the seasonings in this crust (sorry I didn’t make exact measurements), they all tasted terrific together though.
- It holds together. There were absolutely no cracks in the crust and it was very easy to handle. I loaded up my pizza with veggies and the crust was firm enough that I could eat this without a fork.
- It wasn’t too crispy (if you want a crispier version bake it a little longer), but it wasn’t too soft either – just perfect!
- The ends of the crust didn’t burn! Sometimes this happens because the middle takes longer to cook, but this crust cooked evenly!