Here is a yummy way to get extra veggies! Instead of mashed potatotes, it’s mashed cauliflower.
This recipe was adapted from Choosing Raw:
- 1 head of cauliflower – washed, trimmed, and roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- dash of black pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add prepared cauliflower and cook until tender.
- Drain cooked cauliflower and transfer to a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is broken down.
- Add thyme, salt, black pepper, nutritional yeast, garlic, almond milk, and lemon juice and blend until smooth and creamy. You can also add additional seasonings or adjust measurements to your taste. Serve this side dish hot!
This mashed cauliflower is quick, easy, and very tasty!