After being out in the sun on a hot day in the summer, sometimes you want a nice cool treat. I went into my freezer saw a frozen banana and some frozen strawberries and knew I would be making Strawberry Banana Sorbet.
This sorbet works best if you have a high-speed blender because then you can just blend the frozen fruit and it will be a perfect consistency. However, if you don’t have a high-speed blender you may need to add almond milk, but then it may be more like a smoothie (which is fine too). However, if you don’t have a high-speed blender and would prefer sorbet over a smoothie and need to add almond milk, just add xanthan gum to thicken it up a bit. (That’s what I did and it was delicious!)
- 1 frozen banana, thawed
- 5 frozen strawberries, thawed
- a splash of almond milk (optional)
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum (optional for thickening)
- Thaw the frozen fruit. The strawberries will take longer to thaw.
- Blend the banana and strawberries until creamy. You may need to add some almond milk to get everything moving.
- If you add almond milk, you may want to add xanthan gum to thicken up the sorbet.
- Scoop into a bowl (or glass for a smoothie) and enjoy!
You can even top this with additional strawberries or some chocolate sauce!
Or try different variations like blending in different fruits (but keep the banana for creaminess), peanut butter, cocoa powder, etc.