I have been really enjoying fruit, yogurt, and granola for breakfast lately in various combinations. Some days I’ll toss everything into a bowl and mix it all together. Other days I’ll make it into a parfait by layering all the ingredients.
I even add chia seeds for extra protein, fiber, and omega-3.
What I love about parfaits is you can create different parfait combinations with different flavored yogurts, different granolas, and different fruits.
Here’s how I made this Peach Yogurt Parfait:
- 1/2 cup yogurt (I used Silk vanilla soy yogurt)
- 1 peach
- granola (I used this homemade Light Granola)
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- Stir chia seeds into the yogurt and slice peach into bite sized pieces.
- Layer the parfait however you want. I first added peaches, then yogurt, then granola, and repeated.
- If desired, sprinkle additional chia seeds on top!
This parfait is not just meant for breakfast. It could make a great afternoon snack or a healthy dessert after dinner!