I love the combination of peanut butter and bananas so of course when I had 2 black bananas the first thing I thought of making was something that included peanut butter as well. I love muffins because unlike bread they are already premade into servings. This makes them a quick easy breakfast or snack to grab and go.
I made quite a few changes to the original recipe since I had 2 bananas that needed to be used so I tried to change some of the ingredients to incorporate that extra moisture. I also had to decide on a good proportion of gluten free flours instead of the whole wheat flour called for in the original recipe.
This recipe was adapted from VegWeb:
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon paking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a muffin pan.
- Mix together peanut butter, vanilla, bananas, sugar, and milk.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and mix together.
- Add flaxseeds and mix together.
- Add all purpose flour and mix.
- Add 1/4 cup brown rice flour and mix.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup brown rice flour and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour batter into muffin liners and bake for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean.
There are quite a bit of ingredients, but it’s all just measuring and mixing, which keeps the recipe very simple. Plus, you only use one bowl so there is minimal clean-up!
I cannot wait until I have some more black bananas so I can make these muffins again! They were really tasty! Plus they can be eaten in several different ways: