I love the idea of Meatless Mondays. Even though I never eat meat, it’s a great way for other people interested in decreasing the amount of meat they eat to have a devoted day of the week not to eat any meat. As I was reading some blogs, I came across this cool Meatless Monday challenge.
Since I never eat meat, I thought this might be a cool challenge to experiment with different foods. Today began the challenge so of course the letter was A and A is for Artichokes. Perfect! I love artichokes. I decided to make this Spinach Artichoke dip I have been wanting to try out.
This recipe is adapted from Happy Herbivore:
- 6 oz fresh spinach (measure after cooking)
- 1 can artichokes (in water)
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour (or whole wheat flour if you don’t need this to be gluten free)
- pinch of sea salt
- Fill a pan with a small amount of water and cook spinach until the leaves turn dark green (about 5 minutes).
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
I love how simple this recipe is. I tried the dip with some chips and it was good. Then I tried it with some carrots and I liked it even more. I think this dip may also make a great filling in a corn tortilla with some chickpeas. Enjoy!
Next time I make this I’m going to add cannellini beans for more creaminess. I’ll let you know how that goes as soon as I try it out!