Simple. Quick. Easy clean-up. Light. Healthy. Delicious. Those 6 things are inspiration enough to make this recipe! This meal is full of protein, fiber, veggies, and flavor. I made some this past weekend; it didn’t last long and I wish I had more. Since I already have all the ingredients and it was just that good, I’m making it again for dinner tomorrow night!
This recipe was adapted from Whole Foods:
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew pieces (I recommend crushing gently with the side of a knife)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Soak sundried tomatoes in hot water for 15 minutes to soften them. Then drain and chop.
- Bring 1/2 cup water to a simmer in a medium pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped sundried tomatoes, broth, wine, and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and simmer until all liquid is absorbed.
- Serve garnished with cashews and green onions.
Notes: After the first 20 minutes of simmering, all my liquid was absorbed so I just cooked my broccoli seperately then stirred it into the quinoa. I also was preparing this meal for later in the week so instead of garnishing, I just stirred in the cashews and green onions at the end after cooking and before storing and it still turned out great!