Want a light and filling meal perfect for the summer with lots of protein and flavor? Try this one!
I’ve never used lettuce wraps before but they are very easy to use. They can be quite messy, but hey that’s part of the fun! They are also very versatile; there are SO many things you can fill these wraps with and there good for trying a typical favorite meal in a different way. Like normally I would put chickpeas and some kind of sauce over brown rice or quinoa, but now I have a new way to enjoy it! And the lettuce wraps are much lighter than grains in the summer!
This recipe was adapted from Happy Herbivore:
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 12 oz salsa (I love spicy so used medium)
- large lettuce leaves
- Combine chickpeas and salsa in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has absorbed into the chickpeas (about 8-10 min).
- Spoon desired amount of chickpeas into lettuce leaves.
These are great warmed right off the stove or served cold straight from the fridge.