Overnight Oats! It’s another very popular breakfast I hear about all the time. I’m not the biggest oatmeal person, but every once in a while I like to change up my typical breakfast or just need something more filling to get me through the morning. Since it’s summer and these oats are eaten cold, I knew this would be the best time to try this recipe out.
My overnight oats aren’t as thick as the original. I think it’s because I didn’t use greek yogurt. Maybe next time I’ll add less yogurt or milk so it’s thicker. But it was still very tasty!
This recipe was adapted from here:
- 1/4 cup GF rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt (I used Silk vanilla)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/2 mango, diced
- In a mason jar, combine oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, almond butter, and agave. Put lid on top and shake to combine.
- Add diced mango and stir with a fork until mixed throughout.
- Return lid to jar and place in the fridge overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled!
The original recipe actually calls for 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, but since I had a nearly empty jar of almond butter I just used that and combined all my ingredients in that jar! Great way to get every last drop of that almond butter!
I can’t wait to try other flavor varieties!