I know I say this a lot, but Nutella is another food I really missed when I began a vegan diet. I really don’t know why I never think of these things myself but when I came across homemade Nutella online, I added it to my list of must make foods and finally got around to making this amazing dip!
This recipe was adapted from here. I did make quite a few changes to my recipe below:
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons agave
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Roast hazelnuts on a baking sheet in a 350F oven for 8-10 minutes.
- After the hazelnuts are done roasting, gently rub off the skins from the hazelnuts with a towel. (They should come off easily. It is okay if they do not all come off though.)
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and combine until smooth and creamy.
- Store in a jar in the fridge.
This Nutella is amazing eaten on anything! Spread on bread, fruits, crackers, or just eaten right out of the jar off a spoon!