A week ago I made this Red Quinoa Avocado Bowl for a tasty vegan, gluten free option at a party. Here is another quinoa salad that is perfect for taking to a picnic, outing, or party. With all the fruits and the sweet dressing, this salad will definitely be a hit even for non-vegans. When I brought this to a party last night, I had a lot of requests for the recipe.
This recipe was adapted from Oh She Glows:
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced (I used 3 cups)
- 16 oz. fresh blueberries (I used 2 cups)
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- juice from 1 lime
- sea salt, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Chop the fruit and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, and salt. Set aside.
- Add cooked and cooled quinoa to the large bowl with the fruit. Add almonds. Gently fold all ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour on dressing and gently combine until well mixed. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The hardest part of this recipe was pitting the cherries and slicing the fruit. After that, all you have to do is mix everything together!