Here’s an easy dinner that was pretty quick to make. The brown rice, sweet potato, and tofu all take about 45 minutes to make, but all you have to do is put them on the oven or in the stove and let them cook while you do other things. Once those are all baked, all you have to do is mix everything together and season!
I cannot locate where I found this recipe, but as soon as I do I’ll link the original recipe.
- 1 medium sweet potato, oven-baked and cubed
- 1 pkg firm tofu, cubed and baked
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- nutrional yeast
- garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- optional: kale
- Cook sweet potato at 375F for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Cut tofu into cubes. Marinate (if desired) then bake at 375F for 20 minutes. Toss the cubes, pour some marinade on top (if using) and continue to bake 10 more minutes. (For extra chewiness, broil for an additional 3 minutes).
- Cook brown rice according to directions on package.
- Once everything is baked and cooked, put the brown rice in a large bowl and stir in maple syrup. Take half the sweet potato cubes and mash with a fork, then fold it into the rice.
- Gently fold in the remaining sweet potato cubes and the tofu. If using kale, gently fold this in as well.
- Add garlic powder, nutrional yeast, salt, and pepper to taste (or use whichever seasonings you desire).