Here is another great burger recipe! This patty holds together very well once cooked and was quite simple to make. Also a fast clean up which is always a plus! Below is the recipe I used (I changed a few seasoning things) and cut the recipe in half which worked out perfectly for me, I was able to make six regular sized burgers.
This recipe is adapted from here.
- 1 1/2 cups pre-cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp dill weed
- Cook rice according to package directions if not already prepared.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, mash black beans with a fork. Add the brown rice and combine. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together. Put in the fridge for about 20 minutes to chill the mixture and help soak up the flavors, if desired.
- Form patties and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully flip patties and bake for another 10-15 minutes.