I have been wanting to make a muffin with banana and peanut butter for a while, I love those two together. I came across this recipe on pinterest, and realized I could easily veganize it and it was already gluten free! Even though the recipe calls for almond butter, I was going to use peanut butter, since like I said I love that combination. But then I started reading about almond butter and found that it has a lot of healthy nutrients and obviously almonds are a much heart healthier nut than peanuts. I wanted to try almond butter anyways so bought some and that stuff is incredible!
This recipe was adapted from here.
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax mixed with 6 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (I used mini-chocolate chips by Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix everything together.
- Stir chocolate chips into batter. Pour batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Top muffins with a few additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
Even though these muffins would be good with peanut butter, I really enjoyed the almond butter! Maybe next time I’ll try with peanut butter though.