I was in the mood for some cookies today and wanted to try these protein cookies; they seemed like a great way to get my protein for the day! They are very similar to these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies except they don’t use peanut butter but protein powder as the main protein source.
I made a few changes to the original recipe, which is adapted from here.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup protein powder (I used brown rice protein)
- 1/4 cup agave (can be omitted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (can be omitted)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, blend chickpeas. Add water, protein powder, agave and vanilla (if using) and blend until dough forms.
- Stir in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
These were super tasty and easy to make, and since their made with chickpeas and have SO much protein powder, these are definitely a no guilt cookie! I will be making these again sometime very soon.