These bisquits make a great side or even a snack and were super easy to make. I ate one warm right after it came out of the oven and it was good. I also tried one warm with Earth Balance and that was also good. But I actually enjoyed these best the next day at room temperature even without Earth Balance.
This recipe is adapted from here.
- 1 cup of mashed, cooked sweet potato (I used 2 small/med sized)
- 1 cup Bisquick (I used gluten free)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Cook the sweet potato until soft and mash it in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add all other ingredients to the mashed sweet potato and mix together until a dough forms.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. (I rolled them into balls then gently pressed on the tops)
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until the tops are golden.