I have been hearing a lot about protein pancakes and they sounded like such a healthy and nutritious way to start this beautiful Sunday morning. I adapted this recipe from here.
- 2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- 1 tablespoon brown rice protein powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- sea salt
- 1 flax egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a medium bowl, combine pancake mix, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt.
- Add in wet ingredients (flax egg, almond milk, and vanilla).
- Whisk together until batter is smooth.
- Cook over medium heat.
This makes 3 small pancakes or 2 medium sized pancakes. Of course you can always double or triple the ingredients to make more!