I haven’t had pasta in a while and decided to have some for dinner tonight, but I wanted to try something different than just regular spaghetti. Well I was craving artichoke hearts and just picked up a can at the grocery store today and thought it would be perfect in pasta. I googled some pasta dish ideas with artichoke hearts and found one that I modified for the ingredients I had on hand.
This recipe was inspired from Whole Living:
- 8 ounces brown rice spaghetti
- 1 can artichoke hearts – drained, rinsed, and quartered
- 1/3 cup black pitted olives, quartered
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- pasta sauce, if desired
- nutritional yeast (optional)
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on package.
- Meanwhile, saute the artichoke hearts and black olives in the white cooking wine.
- Add the minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Continue to heat until the white cooking wine evaporates.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked and drained, mix the artichokes and olives into the spaghetti.
- Serve immediately, or add pasta sauce first. If you want, you can also sprinkle on some nutritional yeast.
- I used less spaghetti than the original recipe but still added the whole can of artichoke hearts and even added extra black olives. (I like lots of add-ins mixed into my spaghetti.)
- I also added a little pasta sauce to mine (probably about 1/2 a jar) because the sauce I had in the cabinet was tomato and basil and those were 2 ingredients I did not add to my recipe that was called for in the original recipe.
- I then topped my pasta off with some nutritional yeast which gave this meal a great extra flavor.
I really enjoyed this meal and am so glad I have leftovers for lunch or dinner tomorrow 🙂