About two months ago I was at my favorite restaurant, Great Sage, with a group of people from the cat shelter where I help volunteer. For dessert, one person ordered Quinoa Pudding. It was served in this small shot glass; it was called “Just A Taste” and it looked so good! I absolutely love quinoa and thought this was an amazing idea. I went home and immediately googled recipes to get some ideas of how I could make this at home. After making my version, I definitely want to go back to Great Sage to compare how their version tasted.
This recipe was inspired from Great Sage’s Quinoa Pudding:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 peaches (washed, peeled, and chopped)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce to simmer on low for about 20 minutes, or until creamy. Adjust flavor and consistency if needed. (Mine actually took a while, and I added a little extra quinoa.)
- Spoon into 4 parfait classes and serve warm or chilled. (I served mine chilled, it gets thicker the longer its cooled in the fridge.)
This made 4 huge servings! You can add more peaches if you want more of a fruity flavor or try a different fruit!