I made this for a dessert last night. It was delicious and the healthiest Ice Cream Sandwich I have ever had! This recipe makes two ice cream sandwiches!
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 2/3 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 frozen bananas
- For the cookies: Blend the cashews, dates, and cocoa powder together in a food processor.
- Use a circle cookie cutter, or shape with hands to create 4 circles.
- Put the circles in the freezer for about an hour.
- After an hour, when the cookies are frozen, blend your frozen bananas (thaw them for about 10 minutes first) This creates the “ice cream.”
- Place a cookie on a plate for the bottom, top the cookie with however much banana ice cream you want, place another cookie on top and gently press together. Repeat this for the second ice cream sandwich. Place in freezer.
- When ready to eat, make sure to thaw for about 10 minutes first.
This ice cream sandwich can be made in several different ways. For the cookie, try different combinations of nuts or maybe even add peanut butter. For the ice cream, try adding peanut butter, or cocoa powder, or maybe even try blending another frozen fruit.