As I mentioned in the previous post, for St. Patrick’s Day I made a green dinner:
- 1 green bell pepper
- About 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- About 3/4 cup sauce
- About 1/2 cup black beans
- 3 tsps garlic, or to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut the green bell pepper in half, wash, and take out the seeds. (I’m sure this recipe would also work if you just cut off the top of the pepper, wash it, and take out the seeds.)
- In a small bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients.
- Stuff the pepper and cook for about 20 minutes or until tender.
This recipe makes one stuffed bell pepper. You can add more rice, beans, sauce, seasonings, or other veggies depending how you want your bell pepper to taste.