I was really craving some chocolate this afternoon, so decided to make Chocolate Covered Katie’s Dark Chocolate Mousse for dessert. It was the perfect end to a Monday of work and grad school.
- 1/2 package Mori-Nu silken-firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a food processor or blender, blend silken tofu until creamy.
- Add the vanilla, almond milk, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl in 30 second increments stirring in between.
- Add the melted chocolate chips and blend all ingredients together until well blended and smooth scraping down the sides as needed.
You can eat this right away but it tastes best when refrigerated for at least an hour. The longer it sets in the refrigerator, the thicker and richer it tastes.