This morning I was in the mood for fruity pancakes and decided to adapt Chocolate Covered Katie’s blueberry pie pancake recipe. Instead of using just blueberries, I added blueberries and strawberries for mixed berry pancakes! They were delicious.
Here’s the recipe:
- About 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- About 1/4 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup flour (I used Gluten Free Bisquick Mix)
- 2 tablespoons rolled GF oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, then mix in the wet ingredients being careful not to overmix.
- Cook on an oiled pan over medium heat.
Note: I actually didn’t measure the fruits, I just tossed enough in the batter to my liking.
Try different fruits and fruit combinations to mix up your breakfast each morning or every time you have pancakes 🙂